close up of the modified part:

I placed the switches:

Marking the new place for the switches (both sides of the console):

Take out the part of plastic:

put the switches in place:

marking the new place on top of the dashboard:

Modify the part for the alarm-lights switch:

put the switch in his place:

First, I wasn't sure were to put the switches. But now I'm used to it.
    Last edited by RichardMCV; 2 February 2012, 00:17.

Comment

Great job RichardMCV
      Logan GPL 1.4

Comment

Welcome to the Club, Richard.
        Interesting way to move the switches.
        Load some pictures with the daylights, please.
        The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed. - W. Gibson

Comment

I will post the pictures of the daylights later, it's easier to complete this conversion ...

After re-direction the switches I've to change the panel. The panel below is the original one. The pictures speaks for themselfs, I think....

Comment

good job , and a good idea with the PlexiGlass , but the position of the signal switch i don't like it

Comment

using the plexiglass gives a lot of advantages.

- in this dimensions it is possible to bend it without a lot of force.

- easy to work with

- does not shrink

- easy to paint

Of course the position of the switches is very personal. the way they are mounted jet is good enough for me.

But I have to be honest: When I buy a new car (perhaps the new Lodgy I'm going to see in Geneva) I would buy smaller switches and probably mout them in the doorpanels. maybe the Lodgy has already solved this...

And the last part: changing the centre part of the dashboard:

Last edited by RichardMCV; 3 February 2012, 00:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

AsI stated before, I also mounted daylights (flexible strips). Below you see the first version I tried. At first is was a lot of work because I had to remove the frontbumper. Installing it was easy.

AT some poimt I could switch them on. Then I realized they are not good enough to use on the street both for show use only. So, a waste of time and money...

But anyway I give you the pictures below.. ( after this set I mounted other lights that I still use today).

As you can see this version gives enough light in the dark but on the middle of the day they are almost not visible.

That's way I mounted other lights.......

Comment

Then, I really would like to see some pictures of your "other lights" if you managed to make them more visible.
                  The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed. - W. Gibson

Comment

No problem.....

After this first set I bought another set. This time real daylights from PHILIPS. The electrical connection is very simple: just connect the red en black wire to your car-batterie; connect the orange wire to your headlights.

Here in the Netherlands for an aftermarket set of lights we have to switch them of or dim them 50% when the headlights are turned on.

The lights are just mounted high enough to be legal; minimum is 250 mm from ground, maximum 400mm from the left or right side
                    and minimum 600mm between them.
                    Last edited by RichardMCV; 7 February 2012, 00:26.

Comment

Great job RichardMCV! I like your car, but i want to ask you if that daylight are officialy accepted by the police.
                      Thanks for the answer and enjoy our club.
                      aham......Restul e LOGAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFMrhczwez8

Comment

Evening Sibianul,

Yes, these daylights are officially accepted by the police. The specific E-number is on the glasses and they are wired like they should be.

I talked to a police-officer about these lights and he said to me that they have absolutely no problem with these lights.

But, there are two things.

1. the lights themselfs.
                        2. the way they are mounted.

So the lights are no problem. But as I stated before, there are some measurements you have to keep. Every contry has it's own regulation about it. Here we have to mount them minimal 250 mm from the ground, maximal 400 mm from the left and right side and the minimum distance between the light must be 600mm.

Another nice feature I've build in is Door handle Illumination.

I've changed all the interior lights to LED's. So why noy LED on the outside of the car?

These lights are working together with the interior lights. So when I open the door with the remote control, the lights go on. And they go out just like the interiorlights do in a Lauréate-version. Not just on/off but slowly going out.
                        Last edited by RichardMCV; 8 February 2012, 00:07. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Richard

Can you give us more information about your car, like usual trips you make with the car, fuel consumption for that trips, etc.

How satisfied are you about this car? (Beschleunigung, etc)

What can you tell us about Sandero and Duster on the Dutch market?

Comment

[B]Great job RichardMCV!
                            I like your car
                            Last edited by valeriuciprian; 8 February 2012, 00:34.

Comment

Ok, some information:

My MCV has the 1.6 16V 105 BHP engine. But it's not original anymore. It has been chiptuned. You can't get much extra BHP out of an petrol engine without damaging it. So now it has 112 BHP (tested). More important: the maximum torq is much earlier available.

The color of my MCV is not available anymore: Beige Tundra.

I own it now since august 2007 (ordered in march 2007). Looking for a spacious car for not too much money I found a picture on the internet. I testdrove a lot of other cars but this one was the best for me, and still is.

I don't need the MCV for my work; I drive a Mercedes Vito for my work as a technician all around the country (60.000 km/year)

The MCV is only in use when I'm together with my wife and son on the road. We drive it 3 times a year to south of France, which takes 80% of all km on the MCV. And of course I use to go to meetings, such as i did 1 time to Alesheim, Germay (total 1400 km for me) and the national dutch meetings.

Fuel comsumption is ok; the onboard computer says 7,5/100. Everything is working good, well done in Pitesti!

Since the arrival of the Sandero, the MCV does not sell that good anymore; the arrival of the Duster makes it even worse. Most Dacia's sold here nowadays are Dusters.

But there's also a problem with Dacia. The car is just too good! not one problem till now..

I tried the duster; it drives very well but it has not enough cargo-space for me. I would like the new Lodgy but the MCV is too good to sell it, perhaps
                              in 2 or 3 years.

But on 9 march I'm going to see the Lodgy in geneva. In one day through Amsterdam (schiphol) to Geneva by airplane, making a lot of pictures and back home.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask...

Comment

Dacia Lodgy I think will be successful. But until we see (touch) we can not pronounce on it ... I have only seen photos and I did not really find something interesting, but perhaps I am wrong. I now have a Logan 1.5 dci and are pleased with him ... I walked into the engine yet, those are my 85cp enough.
                                PS: I like some of the changes you made to your MCV
                                In cazul unui al III-lea razboi mondial, femeile ar primi puşti... iar bărbaţii puştoaice !
                                http://searchme71.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Anulare DPF
                                Politica de Securitate Google