Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from India!!

Hi all,
    This is Ashutosh from India. As you all know that the Logan has started being manufactured in India as well. And I am among the first thousands who have bought one. I chose the 1.4 as it suited my requirements quite right.

There have been some changes in the model we get here, largely cosmetic. The headlights, bumper/grille, beige interiors are some things what we have got from Mahindra, the Indian partner of Renault. The engines, for the time being, are imported from Romania... so output figures are basically the same.

You must be wondering why am I here.... well... Romania is the place where the Logan was conceived right??

Its been four weeks since I got my Logan...and have clocked 1500kms already. Am more than satisfied with the ride..but little unhappy with the anemic engine. Its refuses to go beyond 100Kph.. Guys what can be the problem?? The first service is due on 2000 kms... will it get cured after the first service??

Am attaching some pics of my ride. Please feel free to comment.
    Attached Files

You have a problem. The logan go up to 165 km/h. There must 4 possible reason:
    1 You didn't use the 4 and the 5-th gear (less possible)
    2 Your gear box isn't Logan (most certainly impossible)
    3 You have something under the acceleration treadle (a footcloth possible)
    4 Your car is broken (go to the seller)
    Sorry for my english.
    Cel mai lent 1,6 8v

Comment

I like your car, the whelles and the colour

Comment

Please post the foto of the interior.
        Cel mai nou proiect auto din România!
        Foarte curând şi teste cu modele Dacia.

Comment

I like very much
          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CrisGarage

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Rocri
            You have a problem. The logan go up to 165 km/h. There must 4 possible reason:
            1 You didn't use the 4 and the 5-th gear (less possible)
            2 Your gear box isn't Logan (most certainly impossible)
            3 You have something under the acceleration treadle (a footcloth possible)
            4 Your car is broken (go to the seller)
            Sorry for my english.
            Are you sure you are talking about the 1.4?? most probably yes well point 1 and 2 are obviously not the problem i'll check on the 3rd point...there maybe something. Am waiting for the 2000kms to get over (which is the due mileage for the first service)..till then taking note of the problems i'm facing and will get them rectified at one go. and your english is perfectly fine!!

Comment

yes i'm sure. The top speed for 1,4 MPI is 165 km/h and for 1,6 MPI is 180 km/h. Butt one question. You said 100 km/h or you want to say 100 miles/h, because 100 miles=160km?
              Last edited by Cristi_LCD; 4 July 2007, 17:44.
              Cel mai lent 1,6 8v

Comment

You said 100 km/h or you want to say 100 miles/h, because 100 miles=160km?
                100 km/h. We measure the distance in kilometers.

Comment

Re:

Thanks all for the compliments!! Have tried to give my car a simple & sober look without being too flashy. Attaching pic of the interiors. Picture quality is not that fine..since taken from a camera phone.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ashutosh; 4 July 2007, 18:13.

Comment

Another question. What was the maximum RPM(rotation per minute) that you achieved. If it was at least 3000 RPM then your clutch (conection gear) is the problem must see the seller. If not, possible your acceleration cable is stuck
                    Cel mai lent 1,6 8v

Comment

yes i'm sure. The top speed for 1,4 MPI is 165 km/h and for 1,6 MPI is 180 km/h.
                      Wrong, the top speed for 1,4 MPI is 175 km/h.
                      Cel mai nou proiect auto din România!
                      Foarte curând şi teste cu modele Dacia.

Comment

just went for a test drive. In the first four gears the max rpm is 3000. in the fifth gear, however, i managed 4500..that too with a lot of wait (approx one minute) and touched 130. will definitely go the workshop (seller) tomorrow and get the clutch checked. thanks for the advice rocri!!

Comment

change the gear at 5500-6000 rpm !!!
                          Pentru a evita imposibilitatea resetarii parolei pe forum, userii cu adresa de @yahoo.com sunt rugati sa activeze o alta adresa de mail, diferita de @yahoo.com.

Comment

even on 6700
                            toora,llumar fata spate,zender,borla,calc reno sport,1.6 93cp,vw mk1,1.8,sparco sprint,roll bar omp,centuri 6 puncte sandtler,bf goodrich,bbs,borla

Comment

Originally posted by andrei
                              Wrong, the top speed for 1,4 MPI is 175 km/h.
                              Officialy is this http://www.dacia.ro/logan/date-tehnice.
                              Cel mai lent 1,6 8v

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Anulare DPF
                              Politica de Securitate Google