Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo 1.4/1.6?

Hi friends,
    Just want to know whether any one has turboed his 1.4 or 1.6? I did try the search tool but it either threw diesel turbos or didn't show any result at all.

regards,
    Ashutosh

hi, asutosh,
    there were some ideas here, but nobody dit it until now. unfortunately many of us think the engine is not suitable for a turbo, just like that. there are some major mods to be done on the engine and for the most of us this is too expensive (a few thousands euros).
    but, un germany, there is a comany "elia" which, if i remember right, for 4000 euros (6500 dollars approximately) they install a compressor kit and do also the engine mods. this is for 1.6mpi engine, rated initially at 88(90)hp. they change the camshafts, install the compressor, rewrite the engine ecu, i think that thay will also replase the pistons, piston-rods, bushes, etc..
    Democratia nu inseamna ca faci ce vrei, ci ca ai dreptul sa faci ceea ce trebuie.

Comment

6500$!! That IS expensive!

Comment

i was seeing a thread in romanian, in which the author is doing an engine swap. and plonking a 2.0 engine from Clio. How much cost if for that? a used engine, an ecu what more? Which engine is a direct fit from the renault stable, other than what all are available.

Comment

this is the thread you were talking about: http://www.loganclub.ro/forum/transf...?t=9579&page=4

it;s best to ask the guy directly. we don't know many details about the project's cost and evolution as you will see. i'm sure there are enough people here interested on the subject. so go on and ask him .

Comment

@asutosh: basically you can put the s1600 or the rs2000 engine from renault, both rated at 170hp. i think it is worth trying to keep the gearbox from those engines, even if those engines can be peered with logan's gearbox...
            i cand-t tell you an excat price, but another engine which can be put on logan is the r19 chamade's engine, 1.8_16v 136hp. this engine costs somewhat 800 euros, but it can be found also cheaper...you can get it at a good price, considering that the whole car (r19) cost in romania about 1200-1500 euros or even less.
            Democratia nu inseamna ca faci ce vrei, ci ca ai dreptul sa faci ceea ce trebuie.

Comment

If you want in Romania you can find 2.0 petrol from Laguna 136hp from dismember parts autoshops for 1000E or 500-600E 1.6 16V *105hp
              1.6 MPi Icy White

Comment

thanks guys!
                i think the 1.8_16v 136hp sounds the best. And if it fits the logan's drivetrain/ gearbox well, then nothing better.

i might require help in sourcing the engine and then shipping it to india. will revert soon.

Comment

you can also get the 1.8 16v from clio,wich is the same engine from r19 ,but u don`t need to make any modifications for fitting it .
                  In Germany,there is a Dacia Logan with the clio rs 2.0 16v engine,170 cp ,this is the thread but it is in romanian,i don`t know if the translator helps much .
                  Last edited by Cristi_Xp; 26 January 2009, 19:36.
                  Pentru a evita imposibilitatea resetarii parolei pe forum, userii cu adresa de @yahoo.com sunt rugati sa activeze o alta adresa de mail, diferita de @yahoo.com.

Comment

I think you can't just change the engine, the ECU and the gearbox and be on your way... there a lot of other improvements to do as well, such as sport suspensions (that is if you don't want to roll over at high speeds), change the brakes (ventilated disk brakes front and rear), better tyres (for high speeds, otherwise they would just blow up). Other than that, you will have incredible understeer , as the engine is very heavy in the front, so the car will just keep going forward instead of just steering...
                    I don't think Logan is the best car on which to fit a much more powerfull engine...
                    If all of these changes would've been made from the production stages, the car would cost maybe 14-15 thousand euros ? But this way , your car will reach about 20000 euros or more, so it's not very practical...

If you just want better acceleration, just fit some wider tyres and keep the limiter on the new ECU (that's around 180-190 km/h, as the car has high ground clearance, and for higher speeds you need better brakes)
                    Logan Prestige 1.6 16v 105cp stock - 23000km
                    Honda 2.0 Accord Executive M/T - 21000KM

Comment

please recalculate...you overpriced the mods...not the ecu is limiting the topspeed, but the low power engine...don'nt need disc brakes on rear axle because the front axle is breaking 80% of the car...understeer you have also with the 1.4mpi engine...please reconsider the calculation

Comment

Okay, i overpriced the mods, and yes you do have understeer even with the 1.4, but you don't need even more understeer
                        And yes the brakes suffice it enough but you do want to brake faster, and you do need a lot of braking power from over 200kmh ... at least that's my opinion (it's not researched or anything like that, i'm just considering my experience of heavy braking from the top speed (a dog walked in front of my car on the highway, the dog is fine but i needed new brakes after that ) ) and if you want performance in curves you want to be able to brake late... anyway...

The car is limited, as far as i know, the fuel is cutoff at around 5500-5700 rpm, or exactly 183 km/h (210 on the speedometer) on the GPS.
                        I'm not saying that the above is correct, but it's probably logical at least
                        Last edited by Seba; 16 February 2009, 16:01.
                        Logan Prestige 1.6 16v 105cp stock - 23000km
                        Honda 2.0 Accord Executive M/T - 21000KM

Comment

Originally posted by ashutosh View Post
                          Hi friends,
                          Just want to know whether any one has turboed his 1.4 or 1.6? I did try the search tool but it either threw diesel turbos or didn't show any result at all.

regards,
                          Ashutosh
                          In Romania nobody

Comment

@andrei.avasi: the rev limiter is set at 6000rpm for 1.4/1.6mpi engines and at 6500rpm for 1.6_16v engines. the top speed is "limited" because the engine doesn't produce enough torque to accelerate from a given rpm to the rpm of maximum power in the last gear. topspeed has nothing to do with rev limiter. and i also believe that 210km/h on the speedometer is something more than 183km/h declared by the manufacturer as being the top speed. i might be wrong, but i think a 190 is more close to reality.

Comment

I am not looking for top speed here. The stock makes more than enough for the roads in my country! I only want better pickup and torque.

And following the conversion, I will definitely go in for upgradation of other stuff such as brakes, even suspension.

Guys, The prices you are giving.. is it inclusive of the ECU, gearbox, etc? Because if something misses, I will have to get it imported again!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Anulare DPF
                              Politica de Securitate Google